Monday, June 17, 2019

Orchids and sweet potato harvest.

The first of the cymbidium orchids are starting to flower. This one has more than a dozen spikes coming and will I think be very spectacular. John planted a sprouting sweet potato in the gravel a few months ago. I thought it would be too cold down here but today John investigated and then dug them and this is the result. Incredible. A lovely walk in the freezing cold on the cliffs this afternoon. Washing inside on the clothes horse, almost but not quite dry. I am in the throes of making another little Jill Maas doll, Sophie, early days yet but I think she will be very sweet.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I just ordered the new Jill Maas pattern, though I seem to be doing more collecting right now than making. Another stinking rainy day here. I remember when our June was warm and sunny. I thoroughly believe in climate change...at least in the Midwest USA. We are in the Corn Belt and farmers have not even been able to plant!
xx, Carol

Barry said...

Hi P - what a great sweet potato harvest - we put sweet potato in and just seemed to grow leaves. The green coloured orchids as a bit special. Peace. B