Sunday, July 29, 2018

Quick post to prove I am still around

We have been walking twice a day, not such long ones, just as well as it is freezing cold and drizzling again. This morning large waves from the cliffs on the track to Depp's beach from the Kings Beach car park and this evening a walk with lots of birds, even a little grebe and a pelican around the mouth of the Inman River. I seem to cope with these shorter walks at the moment thank goodness. We also went over to the poultry show and met up with Tabby and Millie who were excited about their wins but rather despondent as their little Jack Russel had gone missing. They found him miles away and finally at the animal shelter. If people see dogs on a country road, why on earth dont they ask at nieghbouring houses. To have to go so far to collect him, and no doubt pay beggars belief.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

OMGosh, I have walked blocks to try to find the owners of stray dogs in my yard. At the very least, we have held the dog because sure enough, a car will drive by slowly and you just know they are looking for their lost loved one. We live three houses off a small highway and I never want to see a dog heading in that direction. We have a Min Pin. Most people don't know what they are. He looks like a 20 pound Doberman Pinscher. Let me tell you, he is the fastest dog I have ever seen and if he wants to, he can dash out a door before you ever know he's gone. Luckily the back yard is fenced and we have learned to close the attached garage door before we open the door to the house, just in case. If he gets out, he just strolls along with me trying to catch him while he senses I am near, ignores me, and trots a little farther a way. It's a scary and maddening situation, lol.

I have never seen a pelican. Cool that you got a picture.
xx, Carol

Barry said...

Hi P - walking twice a day is quite the commitment. However what great rewards nature can give with its birds and vistas. Be well. B