Tuesday, July 17, 2018

One of those days.

Wet wild and windy, and now the sun is out! We have had thunder, wild squally winds that blew the empty rubbish bins down the street. Heavy showers with the squalls and then it all calmed down. We went to look at the sea, supposed to be big surges but when we went there was a notherly blowing so everything was flattened out. The sea was high though and the beaches were all covered in sea weed. No walk as John is still having problems with his back and I am not exactly mobile either. Thank goodness I got the washing done and in yesterday. More hand sewing at the moment. I think I need to use up some mince meat so shepherds pie for dinner. I am trying to eat our way through the deep freeze. No where near as cold as it was earlier on this week thank goodness.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I recently went through my canned good/box mix pantry and cleared out any items that were nearing expiration. If I felt I would not be using them soon, I donated them to a food drive. I am using what is in the freezer too. Now that the kids have moved out, we use far less food than we did and I have no need to keep the pantry and freezer so well stocked. We eat less and Terry is getting really picky about what he will eat. He wants to live on fish, I think. I thought we would get rain. It POURED for 45 minutes only 5 miles from here but we didn't get a drop. Hoping today has low humidity and we can be outside.

Be well,
xx, Carol

Hildred said...


Could I send you some of our heat wave, or have you had your share of them in season?

Speaking of cleaning out, I have named August 'purging month' and intend to at least make a start at keeping only the things that are absolutely essential to me at my time of life, and dispose of all the non-essentials (providing they are not keepsakes..) Am I making excuses already for hanging on to sentimentality!!!