Saturday, May 20, 2017

Around the garden

The evening light has made the trees in the orchard look rather spectacular, autumn at its best. I like my little arrangement by the back door but must plant those seedlings in a pot tomorrow, it is supposed to be sunny. I am cleaning out shelves and cupboads, not a nice job but has to be done. I think if I take it slowly it wont be quite so bad, but what to keep and what to throw out, having lived in this house for nearly 60 years it becomes a problem, especially as I have always been a bit of a horder. Love these photos.

2 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

As I am downsizing shortly I too am cleaning out cupboards and shelves and making decisions about what to keep. Never easy is it.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I am 65 and have lived in my home for 35 years. Occasionally I get the ambition to clean out a closet or even a shelf. Right now I'm sorting Terry's clothes. He has lost about 35 pounds and I need to clear out all the Tshirts that no longer fit and find someone that can use them. This cleaning the clutter will be a never ending job until the day I die. We moved here at a time that we needed a house quickly and never dreamed we would stay so long. It was smaller than we wanted at the time. But we stayed. And now we don't have to "downsize" as we have lived "downsized" all our lives. Even at my age I dream of a somewhat bigger house. Oh well.
xx, Carol