Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Two walks

It has been cool, humid, warm and wet, all in one day. Over at Pt Elliot the boulders and scree area are covered in flowers. I can never make up my mind but I think it is a tiny statice, not thrift, every where there is a purple haze, double click to enlarge. On our way back to the car after walking around the edge of the bay the New Zealand Christmas trees were flowering and loving this type of place. Sorry, that doesnt sound like a very good sentence. I have been so busy today and we are going out to dinner tonight to celebrate Fenella getting through and to say goodbye as she is about to start on her new life as a vet. I have made a potato salad for the dinner, and also made biscotti to take away, begun gathering 'stuff' to take, as we will be making both the Christmas cakes and the pate over there there is a bit to take, as well as the bread maker! We walked the cliffs this morning but not far as suddenly the rain came in, most of my photos had rain spots on them. I am not sure what the succulent is that has these reddish coloured seed heads but they look quite spectacular. Yesterday I got together all the cards to go overseas, sorted out a parcel that must be sent and I am taking the local cards with me to do on the Island. Suddenly there is so much to do and I feel rather tired! Of course it is always difficult to work out what to take as it could be cold, wet or stinking hot, just so nice to have had over 9 mm of rain so far today, helps the garden and makes sure we will have, enough rain water to see us through, we hope. I may not post tomorrow, so the next one should be from the Island, bliss.

2 comments:

Julie said...

I hear you on the busy-ness. It is hard to get motivated. Yourxwalks always sound so lovely! Have a great time on the island!!!
Love, Julie

The Weaver of Grass said...

Have a lovely time on the island, it sounds as though you have done a lot of planning for the trip.