Sunday, April 27, 2014

I have been knitting and we have wandered.

My grand daughter Celina asked for a beanie knitted in her net ball colours, so blue and yellow. I didnt have a lot of yellow wool and rather liked the gradations in the blue wool I had so first is the first stage and then the final result. She is pleased with it. I really dont like making bobbles and always have problems so I hope this one stays more or less put. We wandered over to Goolwa this morning, not madly wanting to walk the cliffs as there was a drowning at Petrels this week end and they still hadnt recovered the body this morning. It is such a dangerous little bay, fine if you are on a surf board but not for swimmers, lots of signs but still people drown. It gives me the horrors as I nearly drowned there as a teenager. So there was a couple of exhibitions on over at Goolwa and we went looking, one unfortunately had just finished, not on for very long, but the other two were very interesting. We had called into give Celina her hat and have a cup of tea before we went over to Goolwa, John was quite sure it would take ages but we were home in time for a not late lunch. I am now trying to see if I have enough wool to knit a sleeveless vest, time will tell. A lovely day but we have only had 10 ml all up for April so far, a ml here and there but not enough to really wet up the soil, we need rain. I am slowly trying to cut back stuff in the garden before it does rain but my old body doesnt like me doing more than an hour at a time, so frustrating. Whoops, I didnt explain the other photos, the one of the boats was at the Marina where one of the exhibitions was on, it was gorgeous there, and the other is of my Easter cactus that is flowering at the moment.

4 comments:

Hildred said...

I like your tassel, Penny, - funny for your granddaughter to wear. Sad about the drowning - it is seldom a year goes by without the Similkameen claiming another body, - erratic at flood time and then in midsummer when it has calmed down many of the young people go rafting or tubing, and sometimes get careless.

Hildred said...

oops - I meant fun for your granddaughter to wear!!!!

Jo Murray said...

Great beanie! I know what you mean about only doing an hour's labour at a time.

Anonymous said...

I like the hat it turned out well.