Friday, April 02, 2010

Fabric and Embroidery zapped and un zapped



This is a piece I have been working on for ages, only a small piece and it has taken forever. Rayon embroidered on organza and then zapped with a heat gun.
I love the colours, it will probably end up as a decoration for a book cover or some thing.
I was an idiot and forgot to take my camera over to the Exhibition this afternoon that I was helping to man. Some of my pieces are in it but very few have sold, what a bummer.
Loads of people through, obviously what I do does not appeal to the general public. Should have realised that!! Just when I desperately need the money.
Very tired as a full day today, we did have a walk this morning and tomorrow I try to pack some sort of semblance of what is on my list for Ballarat.
So a really scrappy blog post, hope to do better tomorrow.

5 comments:

ArtPropelled said...

I'm admiring your embroidery, both zapped and unzapped. Don't be disheartened about slow sales. Something unoticed at one location can be extremely popular at another. Who knows what governs sales on a particular day.

Gaby Bee said...

Your embroidery is gorgeous!
Have a wonderful Easter weekend!
Hugs, Gaby

Karen said...

I love what you do Penny, I'd have bought oodles.

Alison said...

Lovely rabbit you made for Millie - I hope you had a great time at Ballarat and look forward to hearing about it - I assume you're doing a workshop?

Joy said...

What a interesting craft. I'm sure you will find the perfect way to use it. I like it--like the colors. Never thought of zapping fabric with a heat gun... wonder if it would catch on fire? Maybe I'd best expierment outside.