Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Brisbane




This was Brisbane yesterday.We went up in the train and silly me sat with my back to the way I was going and got train sick!
We were going up to see the exhibition of hats that was on at the Art Gallery from the V&A which was wonderful, we also saw a couple of other exhibitions one a primitif painter whose name escapes me some od which were great fun.
As well as some of the permanent exhibitions of various Australian painters, some I had only seen photos of so it was interesting to see them in the flesh so to speak.
It rained off and on all day so a good day to go to galleries.
We got home without me feeling at all sick which was a plus, but we had walked our feet off.
So there is a photo of downtown Brisbane across the river, a lovely water feature with bronze pelicans at the art gallery and this wonderful baobab tree planted in the square in the center of the city by the way in to the railway station.
The last is a rather fuzzy photo of the card I made for Liz, for her Birthday all hand sewn and fun to do out of scraps I had brought with me.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Rachel Phillips said...

The card is fantastic.