Tuesday, October 27, 2009

My mothers 97th Birthday and a bit of Paris and Germany



I had a very tiring but enjoyable day in Adelaide today, raced up to collect my mother, and that was a bit of a saga and finally got her into the car and to my younger sisters house where we had lunch, so here are the three sisters, my eldest on the left my youngest in the middle and my self on the right with our mother with her cake in the front. She still doesnt look too bad for that age.
We all feel it is a bit of here we go again, although last year she was rather more with it and able to walk better than today, still we take each day as it comes.
Of course I was so busy trying to get this photo in the right place I forgot the others, so next is of course a photo of Notre Dame, have lots of those and was trying to get photos of gargoyles, I took lots of gargoyle photos and actually bought a small not very impressive one when I was in York.
The Gare du Nord where we arrived from Germany on the train, a great train trip and so fast. It looks as if there is no one there but I can assure you there were plenty of people.
Finally another Birthday, John took this photo so he isnt in it but here I am with Gerd and Virginia and not looking terribly festive at all, but I think at that stage we had eaten and I had drunk quite a lot. This was in a lovely Morrocan restaurant in Mainz with great food.
I think my socks which I walked so much in I wore holes in them almost matched the stripes on the couch. One less thing to take home.

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Glad you got to enjoy your birthday Penny. A very happy, cheery snap for you mother's birthday also. She looks to be going along very well at present, but I know what you mean about one day at a time at that age. Keep the photos coming. Cheers, Robin

Karen said...

Love the picture of all of you, your mom looks pretty good for 97 years.

I loved the old abbies and churches when I went over to England the last time. It's a marvel how they build all those buildings back then as they are so huge.

Wanda..... said...

Your mother looks absolutely wonderful for her age...very nice photo of the 4 of you!