Sunday, October 25, 2009

Germany





As usual I have managed to get these in the wrong order, and of course I am tired now as it has taken me almost all day to get the first of the photos into this computer, which is slow and not doing what it should.
The day is nearly over and I have the washing done, the suitcases put away and sorted most of the things I had to go through.
We were lucky that our suitcases were not over weight as I managed to get quite a few books and loads of pamphlets as well as stuff on all the places of interest we visited.
The first photo is of John and Gerd in a park near in Bad Camberg, I am not sure exactly what he was supposed to be but looked rather like a potaoto head. Gerd in typical funny pose, he is such a lovely man. We had a delicious lunch near here. This is a spa town and the spa was mindblowing.
The apartment that Virginia and Gerd has looks straight onto the Rhine and these barges pass all day long, they are incredible, I think from here they go through some locks and some how into the Danube and eventually to the black sea.
The next photo is of John and Virginia, not the best photo, in Limberg, showing the half timbered houses that are very typical of that area. We had some very wicked German cakes near here and wandered around and then had dinner at a of all things, Greek Taverna.
Lastly the view of Virginia's balcony and showing if you enlarge the photo a barge going along the Rhine.
There was a little red squirrel who was determined to put his hoard of nuts, walnuts and chestnuts, into the pots at the back here, such a gorgeous thing to watch.
I am afraid I am not being terribly informative but I hope my mind will perk up a bit tomorrow, looking forward to finally seeing a few other blogs as well. The little notebook didnt work as well as we had hoped, although wiifi is advertised as being available it wasnt as much as we had hoped.

1 comment:

Karen said...

What a gorgeous view they have out over the balcony. Welcome home.