Tuesday, May 05, 2020

The last few days

I have been very slow lately, I think it is the change in the weather and the trip to Adelaide seems to take it out of us these days and it takes time to get over it. Still walking. My lovely camellia debutante has flowered, thank you P for it. it grew so well on the farm for me. Walking has been interesting, huge seas have moved the old banks of sea weed around and deposited new ones, ripped from the bottom onto the beach. Walking has been difficult but we are still managing it. The mouth of the Inman River is still closed, it almost opened the other day but I think we need more rain up in the catchment area. I am not doing a huge amount, sewing, writing, thinking. I do have moments when I feel a bit lost, forgot, well John did and I had to put the rubbish bin out late last night. We had our flu injections this morning, all very efficient and done very quickly. We have been so lucky din South Australia with no new cases of the virus in 12 days, but I worry people may get a bit complacent and I suppose we will suddenly have another outbreak. I seem to worry about things far more than I once did. John has gone off fishing today, I hope they catch fish and have an enjoyable time. I envy them but I suppose we are lucky that at least we can get out and go walking most days.

1 comment:

Ellen D. said...

I know how you feel. I am tired and sometimes sad but I try to put on a positive face for those I talk to or live with. I have worries but try not to let them show too much. The word "melancholy" comes to mind and I think I am feeling that. Yet you are correct that we are lucky to be able to stay home and stay safe. Take a solitary stroll if we need to get out. Luckier than many others. Thanks for sharing your feelings! It helps me!