Sunday, September 29, 2019

Great but tiring day.

Yesterday we woke and John cooked breakfast supplied in the B & B and then we went for a long walk along the beach at Pt Willunga. Havent been there for so long but it was wonderful, a hard sand with no slope. A few shells but not a lot. I think I managed about an hour which is great for me. Then after tidying up we left and headed up to McLaren Vale where we were meeting some of the family, especialy the Melbourne ones for lunch at D'arrys verandah. D'arry was supposed to join us but unfortunately he was in hospital having a stent put in, all ok so far as we spoke to him last night. We had a lovely lunch but I seemed to get more and more tired as the afternoon went on. The food was fantastic but I do find that things get a bit much at times. Too used to a quiet life I am afraid. Still a lovely start to my birthday week.I love the beach at Pt Willunga, the old jetty is getting less and less and the cliffs are eroding too. I remember climbing up them as a 7 or 8 year old. I took the photo of the cube with the umbrellas up. Some of our party went in to look. The dog and cat were pleased to see us home and felt a bit put out at not having had breakfast yesterday but at least we were home in time for dinner for them. A bit of a lazy day today.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hi P - sounds like a brilliant day even if it was a bit tiring. Live the photo of the posts of the old pier. Such blue skies in your photos - bit of a contrast to some of our grey ones in Scotland. Go well and be well. B