Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Wonderful walk

Unfortunately you cant see them but there were huge waves on our walk on the cliff top near Kings Beach late yesterday afternoon. Huge double waves breaking all across to the island and some breaking to the height of the island. I was to late getting any photos and my camera is playing up a bit so all a bit far away. It was a fun walk and having been inside for most of the day, great fun. I am not walking as far as I normally do. I also bought a pair of walking shoes that I hope will work. My feet really are not liking me very much. So difficult. Aging feet are a pain. Much cooler today and we had about 5.8 mm of rain over night so I dont have to water which is always nice. I think we are slowly moving into autumn and perhaps this year the break is small and slow instead of a huge rain. I am still plodding along slowly with the baby blanket embroidery, I really have slowed up in what I am doing.

2 comments:

Hildred said...

Lovely pictures for an inlander! We are rushing into spring here, - each day brings new growth, - the apricots in bloom and the spring bulbs shooting up all over the place, - lovely daffs and early tulips....whatever the season there is always something beautiful to make it precious......

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'll be 68. I guess I measure how much I slow each year by what I get accomplished each day outside when the weather breaks to spring temps. Also, by how much my mind changes about what is important to me in our landscaping. Now when Terry says he wants to take out this or that bush or shrub, my mind quickly resorts to "who cares, do it". It takes more strength to argue with him than to actually do the landscaping I usually do. I'm taking your lead and plant to do more container gardening. It's probably cheaper too. I read an article that says as we age we must still walk to keep our joints in better health than they would be if we didn't. I guess that probably means our feet too. So take solace in the probability that your feet work better now than they would if you were sedentary.
xx, Carol