Friday, March 29, 2019

I have been a bit quiet.

I haven't been feeling terribly well. The stitches under my arm have been rather annoying, well where they were and it all opened up. Won't go into it but all rather uncomfortable and tiring. The little bunch of bright geraniums has given me pleasure. Picked from the pot by the front door. I must take more cuttings and get some more going. I am very fond of single flowers. We had friends staying over Wednesday night, worth all the hassle of clearing out a room for them to sleep. John and R were at school together and he and I were married a few weeks after us. All in our 80s but me and I am only about 6 months off. So children of like ages and although they live in Western Australia and we are here, because his family lives here we see him relatively often. We don't get to the West much unfortunately. Alovely time spent with friends even if my impossible pie went wrong and went very impossible but John mulberry summer pud was delicious. We have walked and I have done more stitching on my pashmina adding all my eco dyed circles and filling some in. We have had a blustery change and a tiny bit of rain, I wish there had been more as I hadn't watered out the front for a day or so as they had been promising rain, I rather think the wind we have had has nullified what rain we have had. So George is asleep in his chair (no strange humans are around to sit in it.) I am having a bit of me time. The car is having wheels done and half a day is turning into a lot longer. Just as well I shopped yesterday. The wind is rattling the fence and the wind chimes are sounding. I think all is well with my world.

2 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

sorry you are so uncomfortable. I am having a bout with Shingles. Brother, what a pain. Oh, that was a pun, wasn't it? lol. Our weather is finally getting warmer so I am thinking of how we'll switch up the landscape to be less demanding. I'm pretty sure I'm going to plant a lot of Morning Glories around the yard and containers on the front deck. the pond area is always another story. We spend a lot of time out there when it's warm, but I no longer have the urge to weed so I have been making it less demanding. We'll see how our weather goes. Hopefully summer won't be full of rainy or humid days.

Hope you feel better soon.
xx, Carol

Barry said...

P - I'm saddened to read that you are so unwell again - you have struggled a bit over the last year or so. Sending you healing vibes. B