Sunday, January 13, 2019

Shingles

Is it any wonder I haven't felt well. I have finally been diagnosed with shingles as the rash finally came out on Friday and luckily I had an appointment in the treatment room at the Dr's surgery and my gp was on duty. They hope they caught it in time for the antiviral tablets but I am still on strong pain killers, etc, etc and hurt and seem to sleep a lot. Now poor John who has been looking after me has a cold. Neither of us are enjoying life at the moment. No one seems to know how long I will feel like this. I suppose I am getting a lot of rest but also feel I am wasting time as I can't concentrate one anything for very long. I keep telling myself it is a matter of mind over matter. I hope to be back soon when I am feeling better.

3 comments:

Hildred said...

So sorry,Penny. I have not had shingles, but have friends who suffered with it, and I feel for you!!!! Hope it is not a long period of feeling lousy! Take care.

the veg artist said...

Shingles is the pits - I've had it. Once the rash comes out, you wonder how it can have made you feel so ill, but it does. Rest as much as possible, and take care of yourself.

Sandy B said...

I have had shingles and yes, it's awful. I hope you feel better soon.