Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Pt Elliot on Sunday

I haave finally got some of the photos from Sunday, and more or less got my new camera going, it has far more ways of doing things than I think I want to know! The standing stones are on the site of the Harbor Masters Cottage and the stones were taken from the lintels of that and a church which is no longer there. A wonderful view of the bay, very necessary as there were so many sailing ships shipwrecked there. It was not a good harbor. I then walked down the main street and took a few photos of varying styles of houses, love houses, and finally the steam train was just passing through as I went to look at the patchwork exhibition. This is The Duke of Edinburgh. (Oh dear, is that the correct spelling? I dont know!!) Any way it was lovely to see so many carriages with people in them. The weather has cooled down a bit, in fact today was windy and positively cold on the beach. I then went over to see friend W who was baby sitting her gorgeous grand daughter, and looked at the fairies I am supposed to be making in Ballarat this year, she did Samantha Bryan's class last year. I now know what sort of wire I need and a better idea of the size of the heads to make.Now to have some idea of what I want to make, I am hopeless. never make up my mind until I get to class. So lucky to be doing a class with her. Max has decided he is a bantam herder. I have been letting the bantams out during the day, I could never do that before as the pugs always killed them, amazing as they are small dogs and Max is a heeler cross but he is very good and listens to me when I tell him to come back, perhaps he did some herding in his past life. It does make life easier, although I think the bantams (Japanese, love them) are now getting into a routine thank goodness. Just so long as a fox or the nieghbours cat doesnt appear.

3 comments:

The Weaver of Grass said...

I didn't know that you had had pugs - I had them for years - they are one of my favourite breeds. Bantams too are delightful - I used to keep Pekin bantams.
Lovely photographs, so clear - glad you are getting used to your new camera.

The Weaver of Grass said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Suztats said...

Nice photos, Penny. Glad it's cooled down a bit for you.