Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Around the garden and in the orchid house

It has got quite hot and before everything in the garden goes off I thought I hd better tke some more photos, spring can be very fleeting here. my geranium maderense has just started flowering, as has the wisteria and the yellow clivia. Little touches of colour as the little yellow succulent by the pond and then in the orchid house the native dendrobiums and their hybrids are coming into flower. so are the ones John brought out and put on the table under the verandah, such lovely things to see and the scent can be a bit over powering. We are supposed to have some rain tonight, well showers I think they are taking about, I hope we get a bit, suddenly when it dries off and gets warmer everything wilts, including me. I havent managed to take a photo yet of yesterdays foal, if I stay outside too long my eyes run and my nose blocks up from hay fever although a walk along the cliff top seems so far to be alright. A lovely morning, at the moment we are woken up, early by the willy wag tails calling out sweet pretty creature and the raukous sounds of the wattle birds announcing spring equinox.

1 comment:

Barry said...

Hi P - just have to love the colour and energy of Spring. B