Sunday, September 14, 2014

A touch of Spring

John and i walked this morning, the tide was low and the sand firm to walk on, lovely. Although the weather is a bit odd, showers out to sea and quite humid, we had fog this morning. I dug holes and planted a couple of plants, really not such a good idea for my shoulder but it had to be done. I walked around a bit with max and found my tulips were suddenly flowering and the big plum in the orchard is in full flower and in hidden corners other things were out or coming out. I love this time of the year, apart from the hay fever but it was pretty still all day. Sarah and I were supposed to be going over to the far side of Victoria tomorrow for 3 days but she has called it off, I am not available at any other time and she had a very hard netball final yesterday, they lost, and felt she couldnt do the 11 hour drive. I dont blame her and as I have been having a run of the aches I wasnt exactly looking forward to it all either. John is pleased too, I knew he was worried about it all. not a good time of the year, ponies foaling and things start to get very busy. Off to gather in my chooks so the foxes dont get them, wish they would get the baby rabbits that have appeared by the back gate, although John did get one the other day.

3 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Lovely photos of Spring, Penny.

Hildred said...

Here we are just going into fall and changing leaves and harvest and you are being perked up by spring and bulbs poking through. Hope it is a kind and gentle spring for you.

Suztats said...

Nice to see the spring blossoming in your corner. Here, the last few weeks have been more like autumn than the end of summer. Soon the leaves will be turning colours......