Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Yesterday

 The creek finally broke its banks, not a major flood but if we have even more rain than we have had in the last few days, 5 inches all up for July so far, finally above the average, it will flood well and truly.
We had a mini waterfall between the sun room and the hall yesterday, I could hear water running but thought it was outside until I saw the water. Our poor old house is quietly falling apart, it is a timber frame and has been added to over many years but things happen.
John got on the roof and found gutters were once more blocked, but more work really needs to be done on it.
Tomorrow when we hope the rain will stop we may be able to at least move things inside and dry them out a bit.
Last night we had a great big moon, I tried to take photos but they were not very succesful and I nearly fell over.
Not something I should be doing.
Only one more week to go of my 6 weeks rehab, not sure it will mean I will be able to go back to walking Max in rubber boots and in the wet but it is something to look forward to.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Gwen Buchanan said...

That's a fabulous Full Moon.. and we had record amounts of rainfall last month... almost double.... it felt like we would never see sunshine again.

Hildred said...

Yes, a beautiful moon here, too. Cool nights, but very hot days...I would send you sunshine if I could.