Sunday, July 28, 2013

Mclaren Vale and Willunga


 I tried to post this yesterday but something happened and I coudnt get it up.
We went over yesterday morning to Willunga to collect some oysters from friends and then after a chat etc went on to the McLaren Vale visitors center to see an art exhibition that was n there. One or two really nice paintings I liked.
The top photo is of the pistachio trees underplanted with rosemary in the car park. I loved the shape of those trees.
I bought a coule of primulas at the garden centre in the Vale and then we headed back to Willunga, they were having their almond festival, although with all the wild weather the blossoms were not at their best but I took photos of the vineyards and the blossoms as we drove home through the township and out on the main road to go up Willunga Hill.
A lovely outing, but I was home tired.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Julie said...

I have never seen a pistachio tree before! How beautiful the scenery is there!!!!! Glad you are getting all about now. Very nice! Thanks for showing these beautiful pictures, Penny!!!

ArtPropelled said...

I havn't seen a pistachio tree either. The weather has been so mild here that my garden is confused and my poor primulas have been flowering for the past two months. They are so pretty aren't they.