Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Home from wonderful Bali

 Just a few photos, you will get more through the week. I had a fantastic trip with Cynthia and Margaret, we saw so much, from the sea to the mountains.
My poor camera had a few problems with the humidity and going from air conditioning to heat. I didnt take nearly as many Photos as I should have but we were so busy for such a lot of the time and when we were out and about taking photos with a walking stick in hand was not easy.
Yes it was hot and humid but we sort of got used to it, I was so grateful for my metal walking stick, it got me up and down uneven pavements and generally was a huge help.  It was a new one I bought that telescopes and has a bit of give in it, looks like a ski pole.
The first two photos are taken in the family compound at Ketut's place in Ubud. If you are looking for somewhere as a base in Ubud this place was fantastic, lovely people, not too far to walk to a lot of people and if I can do it at my age and with a very bad knee any one can.
I had to have a dog and a motor cycle, they were every where, the traffic is horrendous but every one seems pretty polite about it all.
We went to wonderful textile places, this was at a Batik place where the women were making up fabrics, I bought a piece here, more on that later.
Finally a little shop we bought some more fabric from up in the mountains, they were doing ikat there on a backstrap loom..
If any one wants a fantastic textile tour of Bali email me and I will put you in touch with Cynthia.
I cant speak more highly of our little tour and we saw so much, did so much and were well looked after.
My knee op is in a week so I have lots to do, clean, wash, sort so a bit each day for the next week or so.
Max was so pleased to see me!!
Double click the photos to get a larger picture.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Robin Mac said...

Beautiful Penny, I have already said everything on Facebook - before checking your blog again! Will look forward to more photos during the week. Cheers

Jo Murray said...

Bali is a favourite place and your photos brought back such lovely memories. Good luck with your op.

Julie said...

Oh wow, Penny...that was quick! The trip looked so great!!! Best wishes with your knee surgery!