Sunday, April 05, 2009

Tags. and thank goodness the end of daylight saving.


I have been playing with ideas on how to use up the many paper clay pieces I made ages ago and then remembered I had the samples of laminate that I had also got ages ago, gesso'd them and then using impasto gel glued the pieces to them and made a bit of texture, then painted all over, used my lovely Moonshadow mists and when dry a tiny bit of treasure gold.
Interestingly the scans look rather as if I have a sunken image in the center when in reality it is higher.
As I am doing a class on Making bags out of paper with Isobel Hall I thought I would take a few to sell at Forum, they make great handbag tags, I just need to get some chain etc and they will be finished.
A very tiring day yesterday, one of the mares had a very late foal and I had to hang around until I was sure it could drink and raced into the farmers market to get green veg, then up to Adelaide for a get together where we were making a doll, had to wait around until 6 before I could go down to the airport and collect the children, who arrived safely but a tiny bit late and then I had to drive home in the dark, which with my funny eyes I hate and try not to do too much night driving.
Thank goodness daylight saving has finally finished, as Will said driving home but its pitch black and it is only just after 8 o'clock.
We have had it for nearly 6 months and it is far far too long and I wish the powers that be would get the message. End of Feb is fine, early April is stupid.

4 comments:

Doreen G said...

You know Penny I have enjoyed the extra few week of daylight savings this year seeing as the weather has been so good.

Karen said...

Love these tags you are so creative. I wish I could be at the show just to pick up a couple of your items.

I don't drive well in the dark with my eyes either.

Downunderdale said...

make the most of it Penny and remember we are probably buggered in the west from now on unless everyone thinks like us....

Kate North said...

I like these tags a lot - with I could get that effect!