Sunday, April 19, 2009

home from Ballarat Textile Forum and Isobel Hall's class




First the class photo, I look rather grim in the center, Isobel is second in from the left with the blue apron on sort of center, with our young student Jessica in front, behind her is Deb, then Julie, Zoe behind me, next to me is Helen, behind her is Wendy, then Mandy, Jane and then Doreen and here I get mixed up, either Bobbie or Jan, think it is Jan first and then Bobbie but never did quite get that right.
We had a great few days, lots of laughter and fun.
The second photo is part of Susan Holmes moving displays around the grounds to make Forum fun and unexpected. I will do a few more later.
Then the display of our bags, a few more photos of those to come too but I am so tired it is all I can do to get this done.
Then my silk paper bag, theme taken from the area around Coober Pedy, I really love this bag.
Then as I didnt make the silk paper in class the little bag is to show that I did do some of the stuff we were taught, it is a small clutch made of brown paper with so many layers of paint and encaustic wax and sewing and chiffon scarf burnt back and then beaded. You probably cant see any of it!!
We had a fairly uneventful but long and tiring drive home yesterday. Today I have washed, shopped and unpacked while John thank goodness washed the floors in the back area and cleaned the bathroom.
I hadnt been able to do anything after the children left so the house was a pig stye, still a lot to do but it feels a lot better already.
It is so dry still and really pretty depressing and I came home to a pretty depressed man too. At least he was glad to see me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning, takes my breath away what a clever girl you are.

Hard to be movtivated to get the house clean when you're in pain, I know. Just try a little at a time. I need to be motivated this week as well as company is coming Friday.

Unknown said...

Glad that you're able to get away and the texture forum looks like it was fun!