Sunday, April 26, 2009

From my sketchbook


I havent put up any sketches for ages, but as I havent done much lately except knit and showing a half complete jumper is rather boring.
I have been exploring some bird shapes and then as I wanted a design to embroider a slightly different paisley shape to some I have been sketching before, I rather liked the flower shapes in it.
I have a few ideas buzzing in my head but have to translate them into something useful.
I then got a bit carried away with some acorns I had picked up in Ballarat and a giant slug I found in the kitchen the other day, I believe they are carnivorous, they certainly eat the cat food if they can get in.
Finally a daisy sketch that I am thinking of using as a stamp, we will see.
Wonderful rain about 2 inches but every time I go out for a walk I get wet.
We had a very late foal born yesterday and I didnt envy it coming into this wet and windy and cold world.
Off to walk down to see how much water is in the dam before I feed the dogs and birds, then to watch my team play football tonight.

2 comments:

annie said...

Too wonderful about a two-inch rain, Penny, but I do hope the newborn is going to make it in this weather.
Up here in central Texas we are watching a cloudy sky with a 30% chance of rain,which means it will probably pass over us-- but it smells dampish lovely!
annie

textart said...

Hi Penny... Do you find that the shape of a bird's wing inspires a paisley shape? I do, as much or more than a leaf does. Have you stitched spirals or helixes into your paisley outlines?
~ Janet