Friday, November 24, 2006

Kingscote Jetty

I dont think I have posted this before, I did it on Kangaroo Island with the land across the bay. I seem to be into a black and white mode at the moment, probably becuause I have been so tired I havent had the energy to get out the colour, be it pencils or paint.
It has got hotter again today, and I decided I couldnt stand the house any longer so it got a thorough clean, as well as sheets washed and changed. Harry my middle grand son will be staying for a few days next week so I thought I had better get my act together.
The silkworms are in varying stages of growth, some have gone into cocoons and others are eating huge amounts of mulberry leaves.
I need to clean out somewhere to put all the succulents that have been in the sun room all winter as it is getting too hot for them in there.
Maybe tomorrow, although also maybe I will get on with doing some jewellery for Christmas presents.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Penny, it is a lovely view and you did a good job of sketching it. Black and white is good!!

Seems so odd to hear about silkworms as I have never seen them or even thought about them. Are they big enough to see? Please sketch one.

Anonymous said...

Penny this is a delightful sketch of the Kingscote area; the outline of the hills is very evocative of Kangaroo Island. We live at Stirling in the Adelaide Hills but visit the Island every second weekend as we have a property at Western River. I love the way you paint and draw and only wish I could be as artistically creative as you. Your Bay of Shoals picture was just as lovely. I have been reading thru your past blogs on both sites and feel I know you quite well. Don't stop blogging!