Thursday, November 24, 2022

I had a week end away.

I went over with Sarah to keep her company to a judging appointment she had in Victoria. We left on Friday and spent the night with Isabelle and Danny and baby Hugh, lovely to catch up. Then we headed to near Ballarat. The roads in Victoria were terrible with loads of pot holes. We arrived at our accommodation safely. Lovely people who looked after us beautifully. Very wet and cold. Out to dinner that night,so nice to catch up with old friends. Up early on Sunday morning to drive up to the lovely little town of Kingston. A nice show ground but the weather was awful. High winds and very cold showers. I was OK as I was ringside in the car and had a lovely view, even though on the whole I didn't have a clue what the ponies were. Caught up with more old friends. Dinner that night with more old friends. It was interesting to see the decisions and how they differed between the NZ judge and Sarah. We had thought of going home that night but sensibly drove home on Monday, called in to see baby Hugh and John collected me at double bridges at about 4pm. I am still recovering! Stitches out of my foot yesterday, and yes it was a skin cancer. Today a trip to Adelaide for haircuts. A very long detour part way there. I should be right next week. Oh and another great grand child born today. A girl, she looks very sweet. Now to finish the rabbits clothes and get on with the baby rug. So tired!

No comments: